Friday, October 16, 2009

elders and babies

At this point in my life, I find myself sometimes up with babies and sometimes with an octogenarian. It is very much alike in that just when you get them settled at night and get settled for a few winks, they want something else. Losing sleep can be so difficult, hard to maintain patience. So, that said, sleep when the baby sleeps, leave the other unnecessary stuff, it will wait. This phase won't last for long. Ask for help also. My mother gave me a piece of needlework that said, "Quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep, I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep." We know that in the light of day, but remember it when you have a baby or sick child and don't feel badly about napping during the day. It is the right thing to do so that you have more left for the baby in the middle of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment